PARKWEST TOWN CENTER, 52ND AND JEFFERSON STREETS, PHILADELPHIA, PA,
The Goldenberg Group, West Philadelphia Financial Services Institution and ShopRite joined forces to distribute 200 turkeys with all the trimmings to four local community organizations on November 22, 2011 at Park West Town Center located on 52nd & Jefferson Streets in West Philadelphia.
Parkside Association of Philadelphia, Cathedral Park Association CDC, Carroll Park Community Council, Inc. and The Men of Millcreek each received 50 baskets for distribution to their communities.
The Park West Town Center partnership is a model for public-private sector development. Through the combined efforts of community development organizations, private developers and Federal, state and local government entities, ParkWest Town Center has made a significant impact on its community. Among the center’s notable achievements are:
- The largest retail project to be completed in any Federal Empowerment zone located in Pennsylvania
- The largest single retail development to be completed in West Philadelphia
- Creation of a true community partnership, where 30 percent of the profits are directly reinvested back into the community
- Creation of 420 construction jobs and more than 640 permanent positions
- The elimination of significant blight
- The first project of its kind to receive funding from the PA Department of Community and Economic Development
- Minority participation rates that exceed 35 percent Together, this project exemplifies what can be achieved through effective collaborations, and serves as a model for the success that can be realized in urban development.